Black Power Blueprint
Commercial, 4101 W. Florissant Ave
Black Power Blueprint transformed the once-condemned building into a state-of-the-art three-story community event and program space in ten short months!
With an outpouring of support from donors and volunteers, the community can now come together at the Uhuru House and Akwaaba Hall to solve problems, organize programs, showcase talent and have family celebrations—building culture, prosperity and political power.
- Restored crumbling brick walls
- Replaced the roof, soffit and fascia
- Installed new electric, plumbing, HVAC, windows, doors and fence
- Replaced and reinforced floor joists
- Restored original wood throughout building
- Built stage and sound booth; purchased A/V equipment
- Installed 3 bathrooms and kitchen
- Created 1st floor event space with tables, chairs and African art
- Created and furnished 2nd floor offices
- Created 3rd floor program space with insulation and walls
4101 W. Florissant Ave