Black Power Blueprint’s Mission
Black Power Blueprint is a joint program of the African People’s Education and Defense Fund (APEDF) and Black Star Industries (BSI), transforming North St. Louis through renovation, economic development and political power by and for the black community.
Black Power Blueprint Featured Projects
African Women’s Uhuru Health Center
Commercial, Health and Wellness, 3771 W. Florissant Ave
OAON Farmers Market
Commercial, Health and Wellness, 4031 W. Florissant Ave
Commercial, 4007-09 W. Florissant Ave
Workforce Program Housing
Residential, 4358 College Ave
Uhuru Jiko Kitchen / Café
Commercial, 3723 Goodfellow Blvd
Community Basketball Court
Health and Wellness, 4368 College Ave
Latest News from the Black Power Blueprint
- Community enjoys 2021 Uhuru Halloween FestivalThe Uhuru Halloween Festival and One Africa! One Nation! Farmers Market held on Saturday, October 30, 2021 was epic! MC Zondlile Mpiko welcomed the crowd and guided participants through the day’s program. Children and adults arrived in amazing costumes. They participated in games and activities like Uhuru Says, Exercise for Candy, a Halloween Hair Style […]
- ‘The community deserves a basketball court’; Organization plans to bring fresh paint to North St. Louis CityKTVI FOX 2 covered Black Power Blueprint’s project to build a community basketball court! Watch / read the full story » Donate to the Community Basketball Court project »
- One Africa! One Nation! Farmers Market holds successful opening day!Watch video from opening day of the One Africa! One Nation! Farmers Market, produced by The Street Show Stl!
- Enter the Garment Factory Naming Contest!Support Economic Development and Commerce for and Between African People Worldwide Chance to win R1400 ($100) Enter by midnight June 19, 2021 No fee to enter No limit on number of entries per person This new garment factory is the first major economic institution organized by Black Star Industries in South Africa. We will design, […]
- The One Africa! One Nation! Farmers Market is bringing the North St. Louis community togetherFeastMagazine.com reported on opening day of the One Africa! One Nation! Farmers Market! Read the full article online »
- Volunteers help paint marketplace stageA huge thank you to the volunteers who contributed to painting the stage in preparation for opening day of the One Africa! One Nation! Farmers Market! Makel, Rebecca and Rhya, as well as One Africa! One Nation! Farmers Market project director Ticharwa and Black Power Blueprint outreach coordinator Abdullah. Together we sanded and painted base […]
- Volunteers help plant and prepare for paintingThank you to all the volunteers who came out to the work day on May 15: Tarra, Mareay, James, KC, and Ashley, as well as the upcoming One Africa! One Nation! Farmers Market coordinators Ticharwa and Marisa, our outreach chair Abdullah, and our promotions and projects coordinators, Penny and Kitty. Together we sanded the stage […]
- Water source installed at market siteBlack Power Blueprint recently contracted CJ Plumbing to install a water source at the site of the One Africa! One Nation! Marketplace and Gary Brooks Black Power Community Garden.
- Thank you to Mettagroup St. Louis!Representatives from Mettagroup St. Louis accepted the invitation to tour the Black Power Blueprint projects after making a generous donation from their April monthly meeting. Thank you to Mettagroup St. Louis! Your support, and that of other donors across the country, are forwarding Black Power Blueprint’s projects for self-determination in the African community!
- Contribute to the basketball court for GiveSTL Day!“We believe in the democratic right for control over every aspect of our lives. We think black community control over our basketball court is a fundamental right.” -Chairman Omali Yeshitela May 6th is Give STL Day — a special giving campaign to support non-profit organizations in St. Louis. Donate to the community basketball court that […]